Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies!


October is one of my favorite times of the year. Not because it gets cold but because I love my dad's pumpkin cookies. The 1st of October marks the beginning of pumpkin cookie season around my house. So when I was stumped on what I would take for dessert at my in-laws Sunday dinner I decided what better to take then my dad's pumpkin cookies. I may even make a double batch so that we can go out haunting for FHE tomorrow night.

Here is what you will need:
1/2 Cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
Chocolate chips
Optional: Nuts and Raisins

Cream together shortening and white sugar. Add vanilla, brown sugar, and eggs. Beat all ingredients together. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon. Mix all together. Then add Pumpkin, Chocolate chips, Nuts and Raisins. Mix well. Let batter sit covered for about an hour(this is a secret my dad taught me so the cookies come out fluffier) . Drop dough by tsp. on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.

**A plain vanilla icing maybe used if desired (but ours don't usually last that long).**

No comments:

Post a Comment