Monday, October 4, 2010

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

I just have to say that I love days like today when the weather starts to cool off. I think that it is the perfect time to just snuggle with the ones you love, Make Soup, and just spend time together. The original plan for dinner tonight was not soup but my new niece Miss J.A.B. decided to make her entrance into the world so most of the day was spent watching Grandpa Helen and visiting at the hospital. This recipe originally came for my aunt Perfect P and I love, love, love it. Did I forget to mention that I Heart soup.

What you will need:
4 Quarts water (16 Cups)
12 Chicken Bouillon cubes
3 Cubes Margarine
1 1/2 Cups flour
16 oz jar of cheese whiz
3 packages of frozen broccoli

Bring water and chicken Bouillon to a boil. Add Broccoli cook until tender. In a separate pan melt margarine and mix in flour until smooth. Add to boiling water stir until thick & smooth. Add cheese whiz stir until melted and smooth.

**This makes a huge batch so I usually just half the recipe and we still have some left over.**

No comments:

Post a Comment