Saturday, October 2, 2010

Greek Chicken & Lemon Rice

The first time I had this meal my then 12 year old sister in law Mac the moose made it for Sunday dinner. Ever since I have been in love with it not only because it is delicious but also because it is quick and easy.

Greek chicken:
1 1/2 lbs chicken in large cubes (I usually just do a piece per person and leave it whole to make it easier on me)
1 bottle Italian dressing

Take Chicken and marinate in dressing for an hour or more. Barbecue Chicken.

Lemon Rice:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups minute rice
1/4 tsp. turmeric

In a saucepan on high mix butter, lemon juice, chicken broth, & turmeric. Bring to a boil. Add minute rice. Cover & reduce heat to low. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with fork.

**This can be served with a green salad and some pita bread to make a complete meal.**

No comments:

Post a Comment